- Remove `runkit7_import()`. This had known crashes/segfaults in php 7.3+ that have not been straightforward to fix (after multiple attempts)
due to changes to PHP's internals and changes to late static binding, and offered an incomplete set of functionality.
(e.g. could not override properties)
This was also not integrated with runkit7's tracking of manipulated methods/functions/properties.
- Drop support for php 7.1. Security support for php 7.1 from php-src ended in December 2019
and runkit7 requires a lot of work to verify that changes or new features work correctly with the internals of php in all PHP versions.
- Remove disabled code, constants, and ini settings related to the sandbox feature.
Runkit7 has never supported sandboxes or runkit_lint due to changes to internals in php7 making it impractical.
- Remove runkit7_object_id() - PHP 7.2 adds spl_object_id() to do the same thing.
- Fix build failure in php 8.0-dev - this extension's support for php 8 is still incomplete and experimental.
- Add parameter default constant names to reflection (php 8 only).