Changes in respect to release 1.0.0:
- Support for PHP 4.3 dropped. PHP 5.2.x or 5.3.x is required.
API BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES:
- Handles unicode filenames (uses UTF-8 external encoding). The file names inside the RAR archives are always returned in UTF-8. This will probably break your scripts.
- Calling rar_close/RarArchive::close() invalidates RarEntry objects (actually, only extraction is forbidden, but don't rely on it).
API backwards compatible changes:
- Supports streaming from RAR archives. See RarEntry::getStream() method.
- Added a bunch of constants to RarEntry.
- Added RarEntry::__toString() method.
- Added RarEntry::isDirectory() method.
- Added RarEntry::isEncrypted() method.
- Added OOP interface for rar_* functions with the RarArchive class.
- Added rar_comment_get/RarArchive::getComment().
- Added RarArchive::isSolid()/rar_solid_is().
- Added RarArchive::__toString() method.
- Added RarException class.
- Exception throwing for expectable errors can be turned on by calling RarException::setUsingExceptions(). To check whether exception throwing is turned on, RarException::isUsingExceptions() can be used.
- Fixed by PECL bug #8821 (relative paths not working).
- Fixed PECL bug #9470 (wrong CRC on multi-volume archives).
- Fixed PECL bug #9649 (rar_close() not closing file descriptors if there were undestroyed RarEntry objects)
- Fixed volumes opened with middle volumes showing files continued from previous volume with incorrect packed and unpacked sizes.
- Fixed bug in UnRAR library that could cause a read out of buffer bounds on some corrupted RAR files.
- Fixed RarEntry::getPackedSize() and RarEntry::getUnpackedSize() giving incorrect results for files > 2 GiB. Still, on platforms with 32-bit integers, MAX_INT will be returned for such files, othwerwise the correct value is given.
- Updated bundled UnRAR library to version 3.9.7 (RAR 3.9.1).
- Changed bundled UnRAR library to allow partial file extraction.
- All RarEntry properties are now private. This doesn't break the API because those properties were never part of the contract.
- rar_open gives more detailed error messages on failure.
- Extension now uses extended UnRAR library structures.
- Added arginfo.
- Added a bunch of tests.
- A lot of refactoring and compilation as C, not C++.